Primarily responsible to oversee the workflow of the Litigation Support department.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for overall legal collection goals (including both internal and external legal inventories) with the ability to timely and accurately forecast production and cost for department
- Oversight and management of Legal Recovery AVPs, Managers and staff in handling all types of situations to determine the most compliant, profitable and effective method of operations
- Maintain compliance standards for department as set forth by executive management ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies across all teams within legal recovery
- Examine and maintain proper inventory management for both internal and external legal teams
- Work closely with IT department regarding reporting, programming, enhancements and/or issues involving legal recovery
- Work closely with Senior Vice President for Legal Recovery to keep abreast of all management and workload issues.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and business units to cultivate and maintain long-term relationships to achieve mutual goals
- Develop innovative initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for leave approval of department employees and approving hours worked for payroll of hourly employees.
- Overnight travel may be required.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Supervises up to 10 supervisory exempt AVPs, up to 300 non-supervisory non-exempt legal clerks, and 1 non-exempt legal administrative clerk. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in interview process and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Prepare annual reviews; prepare change of status reports for employees assigned to department; prepare and document disciplinary actions; make recommendation concerning discharge of employees to SVP/Human Resources; conduct employee discharge meetings with Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree required
- Minimum of ten years of process management and supervisory experience required
- Minimum of five years of high volume processing experience required
- Litigation experience in a law firm or municipal or state court preferred
- Internal candidates must have:
- A minimum of 9 months continuous employment with our company.
- Must have met all monthly performance goals recovery prior to being considered for promotion.
- Be in compliance with company policies.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office environment, in an individual work station, using telephone and computer. Employee is required to work evenings and weekends as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.