SVTAD’s central focus is integration, testing, and validation activities. SVTAD employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive testing, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SVTAD employees are involved in all aspects of testing, including: design-for-test, integration, and subsystem and component level testing, through sell-off of IDS' most sophisticated systems and technologies.
Opportunities currently exist within SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems (SSS) department in Bath, Maine. SSS provides expertise in the integration, validation, and sell-off for various defense programs within IDS. SSS engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. SSS engineers have ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated and perform as expected, as well as ensuring that the system can be sold off. In New England, some of the programs that SVTAD SSS supports are the Advanced Mine Neutralization System (AMNS), Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Variable Depth Sonar (VDS), and Zumwalt Class Destroyer development and activation.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters!
The Zumwalt Material /Logistics Engineer will interface with Raytheon (RTN) Waterfront Test Leads, the US Navy, and other contractor personnel, to ensure that equipment receipt, Change Management, and Logistics are managed to support DDG-1000 Class activation and trials activities.
- Identify RTN-provided equipment needed by shipyard and ensuring this equipment is on site to support the established schedules.
- Interface with shipyard and Navy team to identify and resolve material challenges that are impacting progress.
- Plan and schedule project tasks that are necessary to successfully complete equipment installation requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering and production team to provide solutions in support of schedule goals.
- Proactively manage emergent waterfront installation (government furnished equipment/information (GFE/GFI)) issues that will become waterfront Requests for Clarification, Information, and Assistance (RCIAs).
- Develop Contract Change Requests (CCRs) for contracted field modifications to delivered government furnished equipment (GFE).
- Prepare Non-Binding Budgetary Estimates (NBBEs) and Statements of Work (SOW) for STT (Shipboard Test Team) and proposed Change Order tasking.
- Lead the receipt inspection of all Raytheon delivered equipment.
- Monitor elements of the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to assess impacts to Raytheon productivity.
- Generate DD1149 Government Property custody transfer forms.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation contingencies for the risks.
- Support development and maintenance of project plans.
- Provide material shipment/delivery requirements to operations team in support of ship trials activity.
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G10 or G11, based upon the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Eight (8) years of experience in engineering, project management, and/or logistics in a shipyard production or a refit/repair environment; of which four (4) years should be in a logistics, and warehousing planning capacity.
- Experience with equipment inventory control and on-time scheduling.
- Experience monitoring equipment obsolescence and planning replacements.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or obtain an interim security clearance within 30 days from date of hire.
- Experience in a logistics capacity leading a team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and effectively execute plan and solutions.
- Excellent problem solving skills, team building skills, capability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean, and process improvement methods, Green and/or Black Belts preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related discipline. Or applicable industry experience in lieu of a degree.