The Director Human Resources will be a hands-on HR leader who can design and develop HR programs and provide strategic leadership to a team of HR professionals. The Director will be expected to have an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers and to proactively provide ideas and solutions for all user groups to enhance performance through the full employee lifecycle. This leadership team member will manage day-to-day HR including recruiting, compensation and benefits administration, talent and performance management, strategic workforce development, and employee relations. Office will be located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. (Seeking local candidates only.) Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a group of HR professionals. Provide strategic direction, ensure successful execution of tactical elements, and coach staff to drive continued improvement.
- Identify, create and drive strategic recommendations to meet the human capital needs of the business.
- Provide counsel and solutions on HR implications of business decisions.
- Drive/facilitate the execution of long-term strategy and short-term tactics for talent and performance management activities.
- Participate in creating and deploying the HR vision and business plan. Assist in development and manage associated budgets, timelines, resources and evolving priorities.
- Provide coordination and oversight on delivery of a wide-range of HR programs and projects.
- Develop, maintain and report HR key performance data.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures, as well as, state and federal employment laws, and regulations are maintained.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position manages four (4) Regional HR Managers, one (1) Recruiter, and one (1) HR Representative. Travel Required 10% - 20% travel required. Primary travel to company plants.
- 12 or more years of progressive HR Management experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent HR Management experience required
- Demonstrated program and project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including proven success in building and leading a team of high performing HR professionals
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, influencing, problem solving and decision making skills
- Broad HR experience in a variety of HR disciplines, including (but not limited to): Staffing & Talent Management, Organizational Development (such as Succession Planning), Compensation and Benefits Administration, Compliance, Affirmative Action Planning, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, and Applicant Tracking Systems & HRIS
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable; ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
- Proactive, organized, detail oriented, self-starter, and quality driven