POSITION SUMMARY: Performs administrative duties for the Company President and direct reports as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Provides administrative support for the President, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Quality Officer senior leadership.
- Takes initiative to manage multiple calendars and be proactive in making changes and updates.
- Conserves executives time by reading, research, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Handles details of confidential and critical nature.
- Responsible for typing, transcribing, scheduling, travel arrangements, maintaining spreadsheets and developing presentations.
- Answers telephone, screens calls and refers callers to the appropriate individual. Answers inquiries requiring standard answers.
- Proofreads correspondence and minutes, correcting grammatical errors, punctuation and spelling.
- Files correspondence, records, reports and minutes.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; opens, sorts and prioritizes correspondence for executive.
- Compiles and types reports and proposals. Prepares reports and proposals for final distribution.
- Makes travel arrangements as needed for executives and physician leaders.
- Provides and coordinates back up support for other administrative personnel as needed.
- Acts as a Team Leader to other Assistants in understanding or completing projects and meeting project deadlines and provides training, guidance, and mentoring.
- Coordinates projects, workflow and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Coordinates various office support services including purchasing and facilities management.
- Leads vendor evaluations and selections, in conjunction with Office Manager. Maintains business relationships with vendors.
- As requested, takes minutes at various meetings, including possible evening meetings, such as Executive Leadership Team or Board of Directors meetings.
- Plan and facilitate corporate meetings as needed.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Multi-tasking skills with ability to manage a variety of projects
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven experience preparing and presenting information to senior executives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and executive presence.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to train others on system usage, including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work well with executive levels of management and staff as well as outside vendors and clients.
- Advanced ability to organize.
- Working knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of office management practices, and secretarial procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with staff, physicians and external customers.
- Must have a pleasant disposition, professional appearance, and high tolerance level.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to type at least 60 wpm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of managing a staff (could have one direct report)
- Bachelors degree.
- 10 Years of Executive Level support
- Prefer, but not required two years of experience in a health care organization
- Supervisory skills of executive function and responsibilities
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching
- Must possess sufficient eye-hand coordination/manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
- Required normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports and evaluations.
- Requires lifting papers and boxes weighing up to 35 pounds occasionally
- Requires dexterity to type at least 60 wpm.
WORKING CONDITIONS (environment and safety):
- Work performed in office environment
- Involves frequent contact with professional staff and managed care organizations
- Work may be stressful at times
- Interaction with others is frequent and often disruptive