Director of Historic Preservation
Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice? Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal consecutive years running, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most importantly we are thankful for our employees and proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Director of Preservation
Manage the operations of the regulatory department within the Consigli. Setting policy for the review of applications for proposed work on designated properties, meeting with and advising property owners and their consultants, developing and implementing initiatives and processes to address department’s needs, advising the Chair and Director of Operations on regulatory policy and history, preservation practices, and application strategies, and representing the Commission in interagency affairs, community meetings and events at professional organizations.
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to simplify complex product offerings and communicate effectively;
• Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical;
• Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment;
• Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills;
• Strong team player with a positive, forward-thinking attitude;
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with occasional out of state and overnight travel. Less than 40% of time travel expected.
Education and Experience
• A Master’s Degree in historic preservation, architectural history, art history, architecture, or American History, and one year of
full-time experience working in the field of preservation, restoration, or conservation of historic structures; OR
• A Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in one of the fields listed above, and two years of full-time related experience; OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience above
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.