The primary function of this role is to support Isola's north American and European factories and supply chains by anticipating future business needs, identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and developing & executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense.
In this role, the individual gathers and analyzes data to solve highly complex business problems, evaluating multiple scenarios to predict and plan for future outcomes and support decision making. The individual will provide thought leadership and peer coaching to lower level analysts, and use data to influence peers and leaders, driving toward action and leading key partners toward the right business decisions. The individual will provide support to various projects internally as an expert on simulation and other toolsets within the US and Europe.
Data Modeling & Analysis
- Deploy software based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Recommend solutions to business problems based on analyzing large data models, data mining, leveraging optimization tools, supply chain modeling software, and statistics
- Build and conduct simulations of supply chain and factory plans under new parameters to understand impact of proposed changes to supply chain and factory footprints to make appropriate recommendations to improve performance and/or achieve specific business objectives
- Use data mining and process modeling to research inputs and develop scenarios for simulation models
- Conduct analysis on current and new projects impacting the supply chain network such as postponement strategies, consignment programs, replenishment strategies and reorder points.
- Use historical trend data and future commitments to determine volumes and shifts to ensure necessary capacity requirements meet business needs.
- Create and track procurement spend analysis for specific commodity categories for management reporting
- Share best practices internally and internationally
- Recommend software packages for evaluation and consideration by the Company
Project, Process, and Program Management
- Support and provide recommendations for projects and programs such as end to end supply chain initiatives and factory optimization.
- Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders.
- Manage relationships with internal partners to keep them informed on supply chain initiatives.
- Identify roadblocks and communicate proactively to key stakeholders alerting them of potential delays.
Consulting and Process Improvement
- Lead peers in the development of process documentation related to Planning procedures and systems, forecasting, tools, and workload planning.
- Ensure consistency and clarity so all processes stay current and are updated on schedule.
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) in critical areas of the company
- Recommend appropriate responses to regulatory agency, external vendors and internal partner inquiries.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in math, statistics, analytics, and/or computer science
- 5+ years of experience in advanced analytics
- M.S. in operations research math, advanced statistics, physics, and/or computer science preferred
- Good problem solving and project management experience strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure (HQ or DC's)
- Prefer candidate with experience in process modeling tools, including value stream mapping techniques