DescriptionSCHWAN’S AREA MANAGER - target compensation of $80- 90k (this includes base pay and bonus opportunity)It’s a whole New Schwan’s!Here at Schwan’s we’ve made a lot of changes! We have new leadership in place, new momentum in the market, and delicious food that helps more familiesshare home-style, quality meals together. We’ve also made substantial changes to our route team – see below for details and come be a part of our transformation!As an Area Manager, this position isresponsible to lead motivate and engage the route service team to safely deliver world class customer service andsales growth (profitability). This leader ensures efficient route operations that best leverage all assets and resources available and will lead the execution of performance and operational goals focused in the areas of safety people service quality cost and growth.
- Manages route productivity and asset/resource utilization Leads sales performance within an area of approximately $3-$6 million per year and may oversee more than one location Maintains productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met as well as route sequence integrity
- Leads execution of delivery and service standards to ensure a high quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Leads one or more profit centers which may be in one or more physical location
- Executes and enforces safety standards within the Depot. Drives accountability of safe behaviors by coaching team members. Identifies and removes risks and participates in accident investigations
- Leads people management and development demonstrating a disciplined approach to recruiting training coaching performance management and retention
- Focuses on effective talent selection hiring and successful on-boarding of new team members.
- Ensures successful customer service delivery as well as recovery; Serves as local point of contact for customer service communication & follow- up coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution
- Effectively cascades key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business and helps the team through changes
- Oversees the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations (management of fleet assets for the location compliance with Pre & Post Trip inspections utilization PM schedule repair/maintenance breakdown pick-up etc)
- Conducts essential administrative duties such as payrollbanking equipment support resource scheduling and daily reporting
- Reviews financialreporting/KPI#s to make informed decisions on cost controls route productivity product inventory controls maintenance of assets depot supplies profitability etc.
- Implements and maintains compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales Customer Service); 2 yrs direct leadership experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Prior route sales or route service experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to inspire coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose
- Ability to select high quality/caliber talent
- A passion for providing outstanding service.
- Desire to have personal accountability and drive a culture of execution
- Ability to engage and lead team meetings
- Basic PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test and physical as required by the Department ofTransportation.
We Value Military MembersWe thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience in lieu of prior sales or customer service experience. Approximately one in five hires that we make have prior military experience.Additional RequirementsWe've designed our trucks so that a regular driving license is all that is required. This is a Department of Transportation governed position, so candidates do need to have a good driving record and be 21 years of age.The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.Qualifications
Education:Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales Customer Service); 2 yrs direct leadership experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proven leadership and team development (lead self lead others lead forward); Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to inspire coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose; Ability to select high quality/caliber talent; Ability to engage and lead team meetings; Proven track record driving & executing best in class service; Drive a culture of execution; Understand Financial reporting/statements; Basic PC skills including: Microsoft Word Excel etc.; Proven sales and distribution management expertise in related industry (preferred). Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and medical certification.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.#vfj-11-11#Business Unit: Schwan's Home Service, Inc.Req #: 17007240