Tallan is a software technology consultancy. Our innovative solutions use the latest software technology and tools to help companies build for the future and overcome their toughest challenges. Our services and products span customer experience, cloud and AI technology, data analytics, IT strategy, and business process advisory throughout the United States and Europe. For more than 30 years, our clients have come to us to find new ways to accelerate innovation, do more with less, get to market faster, create experiences their customers love, and build operational muscle for sustainable results.
Tallan stays ahead of the ever-changing technology curve by constantly developing and enhancing our skills and expertise in the areas of Collaboration, Data, Integration, Mobile, User Experience, Ecommerce, Web Development, Cloud, and Strategy. Tallan is one of only a select few Microsoft National Solution Providers in the US and has maintained multiple Gold Competencies in Microsoft technologies for the last 12 years.
We help companies push the boundaries of what’s possible, with innovation-driven solutions that seamlessly combine our technology thought leadership and business acumen. We partner with our clients to pursue excellence and elegance in the challenges we solve together.
As a Sr User Experience (UX) Consultant at Tallan, you will collaborate with clients and back-end developers to help create more usable applications, recommend standards, and implement cutting-edge experiences across a variety of presentation technologies. The work is hands-on, engaging, and usually team-oriented. You must be able to:
• Interact with peers and clients at all levels to sell design concepts, guide stakeholder decisions, and explain your thinking in ways that are understandable to a wide range of stakeholders
• Accurately estimate time to design and develop applications including management, meeting, and research times
• Design and create thoughtful, workable designs for Web sites, applications, mobile applications, and content management systems (CMS).
• Produce wireframes, mockups, personas, visual designs and other UX artifacts; take in requirements and produce documentation to inform the development process
• Create code that is semantic, flexible, scalable, and reusable; understand concepts and coding techniques for responsive design; adhere to best practices and current web development standards, including browser support and graceful degradation across browsers and mobile environments
• Work with other UX Consultants and developers to ensure they adhere to the structure and semantics defined for a given project
• Keep up-to-date on trends and best-practices in design and front-end coding standards
• Follow directions, learn independently, contribute regularly, and show strong leadership skills to be able to advance
• Work both independently and with team members, and must be a team player
• Travel up to 50% of the time to be available on-site at client projects may be required.
• At least five years of full-time, hands-on, experience creating Web sites and Web applications
• Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, process design, visual design, user research concepts, and some deep creativity in one or more of these facets
• A proven ability to explain your thinking and guide stakeholder decisions
• Expertise with the Adobe CS suite of products for Web graphics production, esp. Photoshop
• Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and their resolution
• Experience with user testing, wireframing, or prototyping tools is a plus.
• Best-practices for accessibility is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills