The National Account Manager has accountability for the strategic management of business within a National Account with the goal of establishing totes»Isotoner as the market leader in sales and service. Responsibilities include assessing account needs and monitoring all business, handling multiple tasks within the account, establishing strong relationships and a thorough understanding of the retailer to maximize potential.
- Strategically planning the overall business, to include development of a sales plan and quota attainment.
- Enhance totes»Isotoner’s position in the account through working closely with the buyer, including participating in store trips with buyers.
- Develop a relationship with support departments within retailer to ensure maximum support in all business areas.
- Establish annual business plan with the retailer and continually monitor progress.
- Provide all forecasts, key account reporting and othersalesreports requested by Management
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs to provide superior customer service.
- Carefully monitor the Account’s P & L Statement. Work to improve status at every level (Reduce days outstanding, reduce markdowns, minimize expenditures on account specific programs, etc).
- Coordinate all planogram sets, new store activities and assortment revisions, including adding new items to planogram assortments.
- Develop Promotional strategy and presentations, special programs and events to maximize sales opportunities.
- Assist Supply Chain teams in developing demand forecasts and formulating inventory plans to satisfy key account needs, including replenishment and seasonal assortment requirements.
- Ensure promotional strategy will generate increased sales, and promotions are correctly distributed to maximize sales.
- Create continual basic stock and promotional events to increase sales at store level.
- Manage promotional funds to effectively drive the business.
- Facilitate resolution of all outstanding deductions.
- Continually maintain detailed, accurate records in order to process and/or dispute all coopclaims including Post Audit Deductions.
- Follow-up with Account to ensure timely placement of all orders.
- Handle price, pack or UPC errors that arise.
- Penetrate customers at a multitude of levels.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- 7-10+ years’ experience at the Major or Account Executive level; 3-5years Target experiencerequired
- Salesexperience in consumer packaged goods or apparel/accessories
- Proven track record of developing new business, from identification to realization
- Creative, self-starter who can develop a business plan and directly call on customers or agents/brokers to secure orders
- Strong results orientation and first-rate relationship building skills at all levels
- Proven experience in P&L development, strong analytical skills and demonstrated effectiveness for problem solving
- Professional interest in growing and managing a business
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Decisive and goal oriented to consistently exceed objectives
- Effective working collaboratively across a variety of functions and through a diverse group of people
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office
- Ability to manage and direct people
- May be required to sit at a workstation for at least 8 hours per day
- Alpha/numeric data entryrequired, using both hands with fine manipulation using the computer keyboard or when performing clerical functions
- Occasional lifting, reaching, gross manipulation with both hands may be required when working with files or shipping packages
- Near/far vision required and color discrimination necessary
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to travel domestically about 5%