Req #: 9765
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-basedcommunications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position: The purpose of the Channel Sales Manager (CSM) is to generate revenue for Corning Optcal Communications Wireless division by enabling Distribution Partners, Value Added Resellers, and Corning Enterprise organizations in the sales of the company’s equipment and services. Corning is looking to hire 1 person for this role to cover the following territories: Nevada, California, Colorado, Arizona, Minnesota, and Washington (must be near major airport)
Day to Day Responsibilities
Channel Sales Revenue:
- Responsible achieving and exceeding quota defined quarterly revenue targets via assigned Distribution Partners and Corning regions.
- Define and map strategy to succeed in penetrating and maximizing revenue opportunity in the assigned channels.
- CSM will coordinate as necessary with internal Corning support resources – Sales Engineering, Project Management, Marketing, Training, etc. - in the development of the Channel.
- Responsible for program communication to assigned Distributors and Corning regions, relationship development and assisting in the closing of highvalue opportunities.
- CSM shall track Corning leads, prospects, customers, potential customer opportunities, and sales orders in Salesforce.com
Quotations & Sales Orders:
- CSM is responsible for coordinating with assigned support resources as necessary to provide quotations and process sales orders as appropriate.
- CSM shall engage and utilize appropriate Sales resources, such as data sheets, presentations, case studies, white papers, and other sales tools availableon the company intranet to achieve assigned objectives.
Travel Requirements: Travel up to 50% required.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours/week+
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent industry experience.
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5-10 years demonstrated experience in channel or direct sales with successful track record in meeting and exceeding quota.
- Proficiency in solutions and services sales in IT or wireless industry.
- Demonstrated experience in setting account strategy and direction in a high paced technical environment.
- Strong track record in presentation development and delivery.
- DAS industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in interacting with Wireless Carrier organizations.
- Residency within territory assignment strongly preferred.