Controls Engineer ( Design Group )
Design Group is a leading Engineering, Systems Integration, and IT consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and otherindustrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and othertechnology services to the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,400 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 40 global offices in the US and India. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement with a thriving work environment and a unique people centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
• Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
• Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
• Minimum 3-5 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
• Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
• Experience with Allen-Bradley (Control Logix, Compact Logix) PLCs, PanelView Plus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, etc.) is required.
• Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/foodexperience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
• Experience with Factory Talk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and Visual Basic/C#/Java is a plus.
• This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical degree.
• 30-50% of local/regional travelrequired to support installation and start-up activities.
• Our first preference is to find local talent, however special consideration may be given to those with exceptional experience.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.