Senior Director of Quality Assurance & Quality Control
This position will proactively develop, lead and drive the execution of the shared services Quality Assurance & Quality Control programs of APC, Boyer Valley, Essentia, Entera Health, Proliant Biologicals, and Proliant Dairy.
- Maintain and Manage an effective, efficient Quality Assurance & Quality Control program to support business strategies of appropriate LGI businesses including APC, Boyer Valley, Essentia, Entera Health, Proliant Biologicals and Proliant Dairy.
- Insure the shared services QA/QC staff is educated, trained and organized to efficiently manage effective QA/QC programs supporting LGI companies.
- Establish effective partnerships and encourage collaboration and communication across multi-discipline, matrixed LGI teams to insure effective implementation of the QA/QC programs.
- Develop and efficiently manage the QA/QC shared services budget looking for ways to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of the QA/QC program.
- Develop and maintain a leadership role in advancing a Culture of Quality within the supported LGI companies.
- Insure QA/QC programs are consistent with business objectives of each LGI Company.
- Maintain awareness of appropriate industry trends and government regulations potentially affecting QA/QC programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance, where applicable by company, of:
- internal, customer, 3rd party, and regulatory audit conduct and support
- supplier qualification programs
- establishment of programs and processes for new products
- assurance of finished product quality and consistency
- management of product release program
- customer relationships with regard to QA/QC.
- Build and grow the department’s expertise by:
- Hiring individuals with the ability and desire to excel
- Fostering development of employees for career advancement
- Encouraging cross functional training
- Providing challenging and rewarding work and training opportunities
- Collaborate across departments within the LGI companies to foster internal and external development of new opportunities.
- Provide a leadership role for product withdrawal, business continuity, crisis management, and disaster preparedness efforts.
Minimum four-yeardegree in a science discipline, business management, or quality science.
Minimum 8years’ experience in food/feed industry in a QA/QC capacity with in-depth knowledge of food/feed safety requirements. Experience leading a QA/QC team with progressively increased responsibilities.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with QA/QC representatives from industry and government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, lead and engage team.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt QA/QC standards appropriate to different industries represented by the LGI companies.
- High level relationship, communication, and meeting conduct skills for successful interactions with all levels of management, employees and customers.
- Knowledge of chemistry and microbiology testing methodologies and their role in assuring product quality and safety.
- Desire to stay abreast of new testing methods especially in-line testing and faster more cost efficient methodology/technology.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining professional profile of calmness during periods of peak activities.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or travel extensively.
- Ability to deliver public presentations.
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and integration of Quality Assurance department throughout organization.
- Extensive knowledge of food and feed regulations, safety, and methods of assuring compliance to meet standards.
- Wide knowledge of food and feed ingredient manufacturing processes from the quality assurance and production perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of FDA, USDA – FSIS and USDA – APHIS regulations.
- Expertise to forecast annual budgets and to operate the Department within budget.