How You’ll Contribute at Neato:
Neato Robotics is looking for a talented and seasoned Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing world class team.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will pay a key role in developing, benchmarking and testing current and future Neato robots and sub systems. Your creativity and experience will be put to use; exploring applications for the latest sensor technology, brainstorming new concepts for the home robotics market, designing, testing and evaluating our current and future generations of solutions and supporting manufacturing through ongoing engineering.
- Conceptualize, design and prototype new capabilities and accessories for our family of current Neato Robots
- Analyze and implement solutions for technical design challenges that arise in our production facility and vendors overseas
- Participate in brainstorming, mock-ups and prototyping of future generations of Neato Robots
- Execute experiments to advance the science of robot cleaning
- Design and fabricate test fixtures for component testing, qualification and experimentation
- Research and qualify new technology that may be applicable to our product roadmap and vision
Minimum of 7 years practical experience in mechanical design, analysis, and test of consumer electronics products. Experience with robotics/mechatronics/motion control highly desirable.
- Fluency with ProE and Creo
- Knowledge of drawing standards and geometric dimensioning per ASME Y14.5
- Understanding of mechanical tolerances and GD&T
- Ability to perform detailed tolerance loop analysis
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DSA) and Design for Service
- Extensive experience designing high volume parts for injection molding, stamping and extrusion etc.
- Experience with the various forms of rapid prototyping technologies, including additive technologies, rapid tooling, prototype injection molding and metal laser sintering
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Labview and Matlab, a plus.
- Proficiency in a machine shop, lathe, mill, CNC mill and hand tools
- Experience working with CMs (contract manufacturers) and vendors in mainland China, some travelrequired.
- Experience with Arduino hardware/software or other micro controllers, desirable
- BSME or equivalent required, MSME preferred
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written and presentation
- Self driven with minimal supervision, a collaborative team player with a successful track record working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, coupled with well-focused attention to detail
- Similar skills in additional language a plus
- Genuine passion for consumers and consumer electronics
- Team player with a winning positive attitude
- Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative processes, ideas and techniques
Benefits and Perks:
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley
Neato Robotics, Inc. does not accept resumes from search firms, placement agencies, outsourcers, or any other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States.
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark, CA office