MDA Information Systems LLC has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist in our Springfield, VA location. This is a full-time customer-site position providing support to a US Government agency.
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI US Security Clearance.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with the core mission, and will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Our engineers enjoy a flexible work environment, where contributions are recognized and rewarded. These positions provide an opportunity to work on projects that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. MDA employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be qualified candidate must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to pass CI Poly.
The Data Scientist is responsible for leveraging knowledge of data science, methodologies, and processing techniques to perform predictive analytics in the geospatial analysis domain.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Employing programming skills to perform analysis leveraging Visual Basic and/or Python scripting, document and visualize data both temporally and spatially, and present data to managers.
- You will interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
- Ad-hoc informational briefings may also be required to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders.
- Investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support big data analytics efforts and stay current with evolving technologies and capabilities.
- Possess knowledge in Applied Mathematics, to include; statistical analysis, temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, predictive probability analysis, and regression testing
- Experienceengineering and tuning deep learning
- Experience connecting multiple databases
- Computational analytics modeling (SPSS, SAS, FME)
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience briefing customers
- Excellent writing skills to develop formal written reports
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in associated technical discipline; M.B.A, M.S or M.A desired or 5 years of equivalent work experience;
- Desired: Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in Data Science