As Director, Human Resources, you are directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function. You will work closely with business leaders and executives (CEO, COO, CFO) to strategically identify and execute cultural, organizational effectiveness and efficiency initiatives that drive improved business performance. You have excellent verbal communication skills and adapt to handle fast-changing situations. You are a ‘networker’, have sound reasoning, and excellent time-management skills. You maintain confidence in tasks such as interviewing, prospecting, and evaluating employees. The measure for success for this role is retention, strong culture, and high levels of organizational effectiveness. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
You have a passion for people and process. You understand that the intersection of those two areas is how organizations reach operational nirvana. You are known for your high level of integrity, trust and servant heart. Your natural gifts are in organizational effectiveness, change management, and people empowerment/mentoring. Identifying areas of inefficiency, exploring alternative approaches, and, ultimately, creating a more effective environment gives you energy. Wearing many ‘hats’ in an organization keeps you engaged and refreshed. You want to be a part of a bigger mission where you can rally around a common purpose to achieve a goal. During times of disruption and chaos, you see great opportunities. Vision, passion, drive, positivity, integrity, and excellence are all attributes you possess and look for in your leaders and peers.
- Provide leadership and direction for human resource administration and company-wide recruiting needs
- In partnership with Pursuant leaders, lead the creation and/or implementation of effective performance planning, talent planning, performance management, mentorship, and reward programs that link with a progressive, well-tailored succession and organizational planning process
- Facilitate effective recruitment, compensation, coaching and development strategies to cultivate talent
- Lead employee relations efforts through proactive counsel and guidance as well as through the education and competency development of team and management
- Facilitate communication of information throughout the organization
- Facilitate change management initiatives to drive business results including process improvement, organizational design, realignment, culture, and business growth
- Supervise HR staff
- Own and drive special projects as necessary to support company strategy, operations, and growth
- Promote core values and support a culture of partnership, servant leadership, innovation and empowerment
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience; Master’s degreepreferred
- 8+ years of relevant HR operational and leadership experience with a successful track record of increasing responsibilities and multi-tasking
- Previous experience in agency and/or professional services a plus
- Project or program management experience
- Industry experience in nonprofit desired
- Proven track record of leading others to deliver results
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple complex efforts under defined timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel.