This position will report directly to the Director of Pricing, being responsible for formulating pricing solutions and models for US Government Requests for Proposals starting with the receipt of draft RFPs through final bid submission.
This requires experience interpreting the RFP pricing requirement, developing pricing models, and and will be responsible for independently applying advanced pricing techniques, requiring extensive pricing, financial, and estimating experience.
Responsibilities also include leading teams of other Pricers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in forming basis of estimates that support the pricing models.
RECRUITING JOB SUMMARY:
- MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Reviews Government Request for Proposals (RFP) and Invitations for Bid (IFB) to determine general and specific cost requirements, taking specific ownership of developing compliant cost models which will cost and price all inputs through to final bid submission documents.
- This position will have ownership over all cost model development and maintenance of common spreadsheets used for estimating, pricing, and bidding using such platforms as Microsoft Excel.
- Participates in strategy meetings and provides input on cost related matters as required, including cost strategy for initial proposal and subsequent revisions.
- Makes recommendations on methods, procedures and techniques for pricing proposals.
- This position will take primary pricing responsibilities on large, complex pursuits. Leads other Pricing Analysts and subcontracted resources, developing work assignments and schedules for completion of those assignments, monitoring for completion along the way.
- Analyzes contracts for relevant cost data, trends, historical data, work categories and other related information.
Participates in the development of detailed cost rationale and reviews cost volumes in their entirety for accuracy, compliance, completeness, and competitiveness.
- Maintains records and files to support cost data submissions.
- Prepares Bid Fact Sheet financial input to include cash flow and internal rate of return analysis for all proposals.
- Ensures price proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR, CAS and Corporate Disclosure Statement.
- Assists the Director of Pricing with ownership of and maintaining the corporate Estimating System Manual and government approved system, updating as required.
- Prepares pricing presentations to senior and executive management for review and approval bid submission pricing.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Company provided computer, printer, copy machine, and other general office equipment
- Up to 25% travel possible.
- Works in a general office environment, no strenuous physical activity required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Skills are typically acquired through a 4 yearundergraduatebachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Diverse experience in pricing service oriented government contracts including facilities construction, contingency operations and maintenance, and sustainment base operations and support services, required.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining compliant cost models relevant to the US government customer base is required.
- Supervisory or project leadership experience, in a deployed or project environments, is required.