At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Project Manager is a customer oriented role which leads and directs multiple projects under limited supervision. The Project Manager manages projects from inception to completion, identifying and documenting project requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and managing issues to resolution. The Project Manager II is responsible for the project over the entire project life-cycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, project closeout). They are also responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
The Project Manager (Level II) is considered an emerging authority in the Optiv PMO. They are responsible for training and developing more junior members of the PMO team. The Project Manager II must have familiarity with the various Optiv practices, and also possess a strong knowledge of PMO processes and systems. They must have the ability to effectively lead complex projects that span multiple practices and geographic areas, and must also demonstrate the ability to provide consistent project status to PMO and Practice leadership across all of the projects they manage.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Independently manage project activities from inception to completion.
• Provides a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement. May report to Program Manager or Sr. Project Manager as part of a larger engagement.
• Communicate with stakeholders on project performance and escalated project issues.
• Conduct and coordinate meetings and provide project update summaries to appropriate parties.
• Communicate client concerns, questions and conflicts to sales and service delivery teams.
• Meet regularly with team to aid in identifying issues and strategies.
• Responsible for coordination and collaboration of project events, meetings, and technical resources and must have experience with third party relationships.
• Generate and distribute status reports and lead meetings to disseminate appropriate information to stakeholders.
• Take proactive steps to protect the company from project issues and risks.
• Proactively monitor and report on project budget, timelines and deliverables.
• Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Review and lead clarification (as required) of project scope, captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and sales to identify specific customer requirements.
• Study assigned programs, understand client requirements, and analyze program goals and targets.
• Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
• Provide project metrics to PMO and Practice Leadership for decision support.
• Understand Optiv’s portfolio and offerings.
• Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
• Train and mentor more junior members of the PMO team.
• Identify opportunities for improvement within the PMO and formulates proposed tools, policies, and processes to improve overall effectiveness and the client experience.
• Participate in working groups to improve processes and procedures.
• Demonstrate knowledge of multiple services practice areas.
• Embody OPTIV Core Values at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 3+ years of experience in a customer facing project/program delivery leadership role within a professional service or consulting organization
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or must achieve certification within 2 years of hire.
• Security Certification (CISM or CISSP) strongly desired or must achieve certification within 2 years of hire.
• Project Management expertise specifically demonstrated success managing multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long-term basis. Management of specific security-related projects strongly desired.
• Ability and willingness to train and mentor lesser experienced Project Managers.
• Familiarity with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
• Proficient with MS Office products and experience required.
• Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
• Demonstrated an understanding of fiscal planning, business case development, contract management, and program application development methodologies preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
• Previous experience in a professional services environment preferred.
• Current knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools and network technologies strongly desired.
• Excellent problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to work as a team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Adept in planning, working in a fast-paced environment, and multi-tasking skills required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (a combination of education and demonstrated experience in the industry may be considered).
• Must Have:
a. Valid Driver’s License
b. Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
c. Ability to work a flexible schedule (supporting multiple time zones when needed)