To assume leadership and management of a variety of projects designed to enhance the effectiveness of the bank's lending process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. To be responsible for monitoring the bank's lending process to evaluate its effectiveness and efficiency, identify components in need of enhancement, and outline and gain support for related projects.
2. To assume responsibility as assigned for components of the bank's lending process which require ongoing maintenance, such as compliance and legal issues, training, documentation, process procedures, data base management, communications, systems integration and product delivery.
3. To lead work teams to map solutions to identified problems in order to meet the objectives of the bank's lending functions.
4. To effectively produce written materials to organize and summarize project-related activity and communicate process-related information through various sources (e.g. policy operating bulletins, newsletters, training materials).
5. To provide consulting to other team members and other departments relating to the introduction of new products, policies, procedures or systems within the Lending Group. The project manager ensures all such decisions are thoughtfully and properly incorporated into the bank's lending process and communicated.
6. To effectively manage the details of multiple projects concurrently. The project manager will be ultimately responsible for the project's organization, research, formulation of recommendations, communication to senior management and other departments and execution strategies.
7. To stay abreast of trends and developments in assigned area of specialty and lending in general.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree; 5+ years in banking and project management or related experience or equivalent education and related training
2. Advanced PC skills, specifically related to presentations, flow charting and data base management
3. Conceptual ability to analyze problems and devise solutions
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Facilitation skills to lead teams in problem-solving
6. Interpersonal skills which allow effective working relationships with others at every level in the organization
7. Ability and willingness to learn and adapt as needs of the job change
1. Graduate degree or Banking School
2. Ability to travel