As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting harder to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on his vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking Portfolio Managers in our new structure to lead work-cells focused on business outcomes and projects. These individuals will be dedicated to our customer channels, emphasizes business/domain knowledge and delivery accountability, and minimizes ramp-up / ramp down costs. The roles could be aligned to some of the following:
- Corporate Services
- Institutional Solutions
- Workplace Solutions
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology we will be one of the most important enables to our success and you can be a part of it.
Note: MassMutual is undergoing change, and as a result, we are removing officer titles over time as part of work we are doing to create a culture of reduced hierarchy and increased autonomy. While in our previous structure, this role would have been advertised as an Assistant Vice President (AVP), these officer titles are being phased out.
1. Organizes and orchestrates overall aggregated IT resource planning and prioritization for a CIO channel based upon the business outcomes and priorities that have been established within the business lines.
2. Coordinates with “Business Outcome Owners” and/or “Product Owners” to include full analysis of need, internal skill, and capacity analysis, and assists in the execution of demand fulfillment activities.
3. Manage portfoliofinancials (project and baseline); ensure realization benefits of Portfolio CBA
4. Oversee departmental demand/capacity and bench management (i.e off-project resources), including:
- Manage off-project employees to optimize cost and revenue. Maximize utilization of the resources across the organization, minimizing unassigned time and proactively allocating tasks during non-charge time
- Plan and facilitate resource demand planning and fulfillment meetings as necessary. Help review and resolve resource conflicts.
- Executes “forward planning” and analysis activities to stay ahead of the current resource demand
- Generate and review reports with leadership on actual and projected utilization
5. Responsible for reporting and analysis of aggregated portfolio health for the CIO.
6. Manage coordination & structured tradeoff across Products and CIO channels, working with otherportfolio leads, to reallocate resources based on priorities and coordinate interdependencies across portfolios. Establish an escalation model and use it to resolve IT resource contention across divisions and/or CIO units as needed.
7. Identify project delivery efficiencies and planning considerations, including sequencing, bundling, etc, by looking across the domain portfolio.
8. Resolve portfolio conflict, contention and barriers to execution and delivery plan.
9. Accountable for ensuring the projects adhere to defined processes and standards.
10. Manage and lead team through matrixed organization. Develop a highly engaged team that feels safe to challenge the status quo
Basic Requirements/Role Characteristics:
• Highly seasoned manager who oversees key function or units with subject matter experts
• Is a member of the organization’s management team and helps influence strategies
• Extremely effective communication and influence skills
• Has wide latitude in decision making and budgetary responsibilities
• Viewed as a top thought leader in area of expertise
• Participates in enterprise-wide leadership teams
• Interacts regularly with executives and/or key customers to provide consultation to, influence, and resolution of complex issues
• Use considerable judgment and analysis to arrive at recommendations or conclusions
• Resolves problems which may have significant impact extending beyond department/organization
• Individual typically has at least 8+ years of related work experience and may have significantly more