Working for Holiday Retirement
There’s something very satisfying about working for a company that cares for seniors. Where everything you do, in whatever capacity, is contributing to someone else’s happiness.
Our seniors aren’t the only ones benefiting from your employment here – you will, too. If you have a passion for helping others, we’d love to talk to you.
We are currently seeking a hands-on results-driven General Manager to lead all aspects of the operations and management of a senior living community. Our General Managers are supported by a regional and district team at Holiday Retirement.
General Manager Responsibilities:
As a General Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of an independent senior living community, which includes 1) developing an engaged and productive team; 2) ensuring high resident satisfaction; and 3) ensuring strong financial performance. You will:
- Set community goals and culture by providing leadership and vision.
- Be responsible for community financial performance through occupancy and revenue growth and expense management to achieve net operating income growth.
- Develop and implement quarterly business plans to maintain high occupancy and achieve financial goals – budgeting, monitoring and corrective action planning.
- General Managers handle all aspects of community talent management, including hiring, discharging, coaching and performance tracking employees.
- Develop employee culture of excellence through established Holiday training programs, employee town hall meetings, staff development, performance management and communication.
- Maintain high occupancy through the development and implementation of a sales and marketing program. Meet with and lease apartments to potential residents.
- Provide tours, negotiate/sign leases, and make sales calls.
- Establish positive relationships with residents by attending community events, holding meetings with residents and advisors, proactively identify problems and implementing corrective actions to ensure resident engagement, independence and happiness.
- Ensuring the building, equipment and service levels are maintained in order.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including governmental agencies, business partners, community groups, etc.
Minimum of five years’ previous management experience including, operational and financial experience in managing employees, recruiting, customer service, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable. Preferred industry background: hotel, senior living, hospital, restaurant.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and to provide strong customer service.
- Strong (oral and written) communication skills.
- Strong supervision, coaching, and leadership skills to lead teams.
- Two-yearAssociateDegree—B.S./ B.A. preferred.
- Previous salesexperiencepreferred.
Req ID: 62507