PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible and accountable for staffing and leading a team of software developers to deliver highquality medical device software.
Develop and drive a long term strategic vision for the software team. Drive continuous software process improvement at both local level and corporate levels.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for cross functional and corporate teams developing and maintaining medical devices.
- Be a strong decision-maker; focus on driving strategic goals while ensure tactical execution
- Interact with internal departments and external customers/vendors for both new development and problem resolution.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Train, coach and ensure professional development of the software team on software skills, practices and processes
- Be responsible for hiring, objective setting and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations in partnership with Human Resources.
- Review objectives to determine the success of the operation.
- Manage the activities and operations of the SW department. Establish strategic and operational objectives and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Develop technical roadmap in collaboration with Marketing to extend products to meet business needs
- Develop strategy to develop new and innovative products
- Develop best-in-class software development practices and high quality and timely product deliveries
- Lead software engineering staff in operational efforts, directly or through subordinates, to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term software development projects through thecoordination of activities, leadership of staff and coordination with Project Management, Engineering, Marketing and Clinical Staff
- Identify opportunities for process improvement for regulatory compliance, product quality and business objectives. Work cross-functionally to implement improvement programs
- Work with project managers (Engineering Project Managers and Program Project Managers) toensure effective implementation of a matrix organization
- Work with project managers to support the creation, maintenance and execution of project plans, work breakdown structures, schedules. Ensure correct resource assignments commensurate with thepriority and complexity of project tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Software Development staff.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of additional functional areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent required; AdvancedDegree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Passion for leading, coaching, and inspiring a team to deliver more than they think is possible.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment that encourages personal initiative, creativity, technical development, and achievement of goals.
- At least 10 years of experience in hand’s-on software engineering roles.
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of technology professionals.
- 3+ years’ second level management experience preferred
- Understanding of key technologies such as real-time embedded software architecture, C, C++
- Must have or quickly develop a thorough knowledge of Software for Dialysis Equipment technology and processes
- Experience in software development, verification, and standards necessary to meet global medical device regulatory requirements.
- Clear understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance processes.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to interface with customers and marketing to develop and review requirements and plans
- Ability to build consensus and drive cross functional initiatives
- Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans and lead the realization of those plans
- Ability to apply logical and scientific critical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to read scientific and technical journals, functional reports and legal documents.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 17000BW7