Title: Application Specialist
Requisition ID: 2781
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are looking for a hands-on Developer-Architect to be part of Capital Markets IT - Risk Management group. This person will be part of a specialized team that will be helping multiple development teams deliver their projects, by conducting PoC’s, collaborating on high level design and solving specific technical challenges (performing spikes) through coding/prototyping.
- Produce Solution Architecture Documents by working with security, infrastructure, and Architecture teams.
- Help the development teams with application solutions, suggesting and evaluating technology, development process improvement.
- Help create a technology roadmap for the department.
• 10+ Years of hands on development in Capital Markets, preferably in Risk Management.
• Very strong in Linux/Java stack with experience in python
• Knowledge and experience on a wide array of database and other technologies, with strong awareness of open source products.
• Experience in a technical lead role is an asset
• Experience and knowledge of dev ops tools, working with agile, and deep understanding of SDLC concepts.
• 2+ Years of recent experience with new Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka)
Min BSc in CS or computer related field.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Requisition ID: 2781