The Director of ESG Parts will be responsible for defining successful positioning strategies and development roadmaps including value proposition (TCO) definition and communication, pricing of first fit products and support for aftermarket pricing, and requisite support on ESG selling tools and promotional initiatives necessary for profitable growth. This Director will contribute to business forecasting and strategic planning and will then ensure all products featured on all global brand mobile sites and applications are appropriately prioritized then developed, delivered and maintained per the requirements prescribed by mobile portfolio roadmaps, supporting ESG enterprise strategy annual operating plans and applicable customer requirements. This Director will ensure delivered products are performing against business expectations/forecasts and customer requirements. The Team Member will direct the team that will manage the support and delivery responsibilities in many different aspects of the website products, such as research, requirements, enhancements, training, and education of the brands, and internal team members. The Director will work with the business and with IT to direct the product team to develop and implement effective web products and solutions across all global brand mobile sites and applications. The Director will work with user interface and product marketing experts to lead the product vision and strategy to implementation and provide the road map for development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Develop new products and services to create/improve brand loyalty with customer and dealer networks.
- Develop and align products and services to leverage ESG channel partner’s relationships and reach.
- Define detailed business requirements, use cases, and product specifications for both new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Review detailed technical designs to ensure product requirements are being met.
- Matrix manage product development activities.
- Provide sales and marketing support for existing and future products and services to both internal and external audiences.
- Communicate with internal support and sales teams to educate, gather customer feedback and resolve product issues.
- Responsible for the coordination and leadership required implementing a product idea through to product release.
- Responsible for detailed business requirements documents including ability to identify impacts across internal and external systems and the definition of use case design.
- Ability to conduct and evaluate market research.
- Strong technical aptitude to interface with development, quality assurance, and certification areas within ESG as well as external vendors. Experience in the understanding of web services.
- Ability to travel and present at client sites and conferences.
- Manage and motivate parts sales team members through development of metrics and incentive programs.
- Bachelors Degree required. MBA or other advanced graduate degree is preferred.
- 10+ years experience is preferred.
- A strategic and creative thinker with a high level of ownership, self-motivation and initiative.
- Prior experience developing and implementing product plans/detailed requirements/implementation plans and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) value proposition.
- Strong execution skills are necessary. Superior analytical, planning and project management experience. Individual must have the business acumen.
- Proven ability to service and support a range of internal and external customers, while maintaining client / stakeholder confidentiality, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal/presentation communication skills. Ability to write detailed analytical and comprehensive product and project requirements. Strong presentation skills.
- Team player that can successfully interact with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and levels within the organization.
Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.