Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives based on a good understanding of applicable business systems. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity, limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation, as necessary.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related computer systems and predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- May review proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data, and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment, and personnel, etc. Recommends course of action.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal IT and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8years related experience