The Sr Software Development Engineer uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex applications built in the Pega PRPC platform. Leads work groups that are responsible for software development, design and quality testing, with a focus on reuse and common software modules. This position will drive detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. This position will partake in the setting of development standards used across the organization. The Sr Software Development Engineer will maintain these programs by coding, testing, and debugging applications built in PRPC. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities, is independently motivated and does not require much outside direction once given a task.
Requires direct interaction and decision making with IT vendor partners, business clients and otherinternal partners. Must be able to maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with all. Solves complex problems that have a bearing on the whole Pega ecosystem within Express Scripts; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Frequently inter-organizational and contact with senior vendor partner contacts. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects.
Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using Pega’s PRPC platform as the build environment; Knowledge of the core PRPC platform as well as the horizontal CRM application; Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives; Strong customer service focus; Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal; Familiarity with health care or PBM industry; Familiar with working in a vendor partner model; Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines; Strong mentoring skills; Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines; Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications; Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions; Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams; The position requires at least a Pega CSSA certification with 1-2years or greater experience working at this level.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5years relevant experience with Bachelor's or 3years with Masters or 11years of relevant experience
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry.
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model. Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high- performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.