Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for providing technical assistance to several BMW and MINI centers via the Service Managers, Foremen and dealer Technicians. through the use of PuMA, e-mail and telephone for escalated issues and to internal BMW Departments. The individual will also be responsible for escalating trends or unresolved issues after onsite inspections have been performed while ensuring that all technical assistance information provided to the center / dealer is documented. The TSE will provide immediate on-site assistance to dealers with issues that cannot be resolved and schedule regular visits to ensure that all centers are following best practices and fixing vehicles right the first time. The TSE will also work with their centers from a consultative perspective to be sure each reaches an appropriate level of customer satisfaction when cars are repaired in the workshop.
Additionally, the TSE will perform vehicle inspections and provide feedback on:
- New product issues and safety related issues that have not been fully documented.
- Issues found in technical information (diagnostic test modules, ETMs, Repair Procedures, Technical Data, Training Info, etc.) via appropriate feedback systems.
- Product recommendations & suggestions to resolve technical issues via well written/descriptive emails (photos and hand sketches when appropriate) to Technical Service.
- All problems that were not resolved resulting in a vehicle to be repurchased.
- Status of each dealers Workshop Processes, Customer Satisfaction levels in Service Quality, Special Tool Usage / Availability and Repair Methods, and consultation with Centers in areas in need of improvement in service.
This Technical Support Engineer role is based in Seattle, Washington and will support both BMW and MINI locations. Overnight travel estimated to be 60 to 65%.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent in Engineering, Technical Science, Automotive, or Transportation related field.
- Three to five years as a BMW Master Technician
- Ability to perform diagnosis of complex technical issues utilizing BMW Group diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications A1-A8 and L1.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...apply today!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 170003SV