Environmental Services, Sales Account Manager - Memphis, Tennessee - Birmingham, Alabama
Nexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America and EMEA. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. Nexeo Solutions facilities are ISO9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy. As a company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
The purpose of the Sales Account Manager is to sell Nexeo offerings and solutions to current and prospective customers. The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory by growing Nexeo share within existing customers through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team goals will be critical to success of our overall business.
• Territory Planning: Understands territory situation, current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
• Account Planning & Customer Knowledge: Understands customer objectives, needs, and profitability drivers.
• Ownership & Performance Focus: Takes responsibility for and ownership of territory.
• Coordination & Leadership: Develops relationships within Nexeo and within customer organization.
• Market Knowledge: Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues.
• Technical Knowledge: Identifies technical needs of customers.
• Value Proposition: Understands and sells entire value offering from Nexeo.
• Communication: Presents to customers with awareness of customer context.
• Negotiations & Solution Agreement: Has sound judgment and problems solving skills to create win-win solutions.
• Implementation Management: Reacts to additional customer demands and needs.
• Sales Administration: Has command of MS Office, CRM, and BW packages.
• Pipeline Management: Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers' stage in the decision cycle.
• Bachelor Degree with a specific focus in Environmental Sciences or Chemistry highly preferred.
• 5+ years of Environmental Services sales experience specific to industrial waste, waste management, hazardous and non-hazardous waste highly preferred.
• Knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulations for transportation of waste is high preferred.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
• Experience with SAP and / or Salesforce.com is a plus.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Home office / field based position - preferred locations: Memphis to Nashville, Tennessee, Birmingham to Huntsville, Alabama.
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.