3M is seeking a Fall Protection Application Engineering Specialist for the Personal Safety Division (PSD). At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to customers, distributors, 3M personnel, and new product development teams for 3M’s Personal Safety Division (PSD) fall protection products.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical service and support of 3M’s US customers, distributors and sales representatives with regards to fall protection equipment.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders and relevant trade associations.
- Developing customer engagement programs to increase awareness of the unique value propositions of 3Ms fall protection products.
- Advancing industry standards by developing science based positions and participating in applicable Fall Protection standards committees.
- Conducting industry presentations, seminars, technical conference presentations on safety while working at height, fall protection technologies, product selection and use and maintenance.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing educational materials including written articles, webinars, seminars, videos, posters, datasheets, and technical data bulletins.
- Identifying and communicating new applications to the business and the global AE team. Participating in the product development process including concept identification, prioritization, customer focused field evaluations and development of compelling launch material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years combined experience with fall protection or occupational health and safety experience
- Professional certification in engineering or safety
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in Fall Protection, an environmental health and safety profession or administering fall protection programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and be proficient at oral and written communications, including presenting to large groups
- Customer-focused self-starter who can effectively work independently in a fast paced environment, with an appropriate sense of urgency
- New product commercialization experience
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic travel, occasional international travel