Description PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Directs identification, research, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects and individual donors. Prepares correspondence, proposals and reports. Conducts face-to-face solicitations, involving Club executive and key volunteers, as appropriate.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Contribute to the development of overall development goals and strategies and manage the implementation of all activities relating to Major Gifts campaigns.
2. Research and identify individual prospects for major gifts solicitations. Prepare background reports on donor giving and interests and develop proposals for donor consideration.
3. Evaluate giving trends of individual donors and determine those with potential for upgrading to major gift status.
4. Evaluate overall results of major gift campaign and recommend modifications or new approaches to support successful achievement of development goals.
5. Cultivate potential major gift prospects, develop proposals and conduct solicitations of individual donors.
6. Collaborate with Club executives and key volunteers to engage them in donor solicitations, based on donor interests, personal relationships, program expertise or other criteria.
7. Control fundraising expenses related to major gift solicitations within budget.
8. Manage record keeping for major gift donors, ensuring effective administrative and operational support functions are in place.
9. Train Club staff, executives, board members and volunteers in solicitation techniques and involve them in major gift activities.
10. Develop strategic alliances with community leaders, donors and prospects. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
11. Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations with donors and prospects.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the Director of Development, Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, staff peers, and volunteers for the purpose of exchange of information and to coordinate activities.
External: Maintain oral and written contact with other donors, prospects and others for the purpose of exchanging information and ideas and for the purpose of fundraising.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: • Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred • A minimum of two years work experience in relevant fundraising activities and a proven track record of accomplishment in this area • Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written • Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, board members, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies • Knowledge of accessing, utilizing and maintaining donor database.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
DO NOT APPLY ON BGCA WEBSITE.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by email to Eldon Bensen at email@example.com or mail to the following address: Eldon Bensen, Chief Professional Officer Boys & Girls Clubs of Siouxland 823 Pearl St. Sioux City, IA 51101