About the Job
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Department of Restorative Sciences invites applications and nominations for a full-time clinical-track faculty position in Prosthodontics. Major responsibilities include preclinical/clinical/didactic teaching, competency assessment of pre- and post-doctoral students, provision and monitoring of patient care, and participation in scholarly activities.
The successful candidate is expected to be actively involved in School of Dentistry meetings, committees, continuing education, and outreach, along with other tasks assigned by the Division Director and Department Chair. A maximum of one day per week is available for internal private practice. Salary and academic rank are commensurate with experience and credentials. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
- DDS/DMD or recognized international equivalent
- Completion of a CODA-approved advanced specialty education program in Prosthodontics prior to the start date of employment
- Minnesota dental license or eligible for Minnesota dental license by start of position. A faculty license may be requested in partnership with the School of Dentistry until candidate is able to obtain a personal Minnesota dental license.
- Provide proof of authorization to work in the United States by start date of employment
- Master of Science, PhD, or an additional advanced degree or fellowship
- Board certification or eligibility in Prosthodontics
- At least two years (or equivalent) of full-time teaching experience
- Private practice experience in Prosthodontics
- Experience in research, applying for grants, and publishing manuscripts
- Experience and expertise with digital dentistry
- Experience in clinic coverage coordination or administration of a clinic or practice