Saint Louis, MO
5 - 7 years
Posted 357 days ago
This position is full-time and works approximately (37.5 hours per week).
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Sever Institue. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
We are seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Program Director, Engineering Management. The candidate will provide leadership and oversight in all matters related to program development, curriculum, course development, faculty recruitment and mentoring.
· With the Associate Dean, faculty, and staff, develop the strategic direction of SEAS Engineering Management, Project Management, and Systems Integration programs; assessing the future needs of the profession and developing plans to position SEAS engineering management degree programs within that future.
· Responsible for ongoing curriculum oversight, and evaluation, including research and engagement with user groups, industry leaders, and other academic/higher education organizations external to SEAS.
· Explore and develop collaboration with individuals and industry, government, and professional organizations. Engage outside organizations to create opportunities for student projects, case studies, internships, and employer recruiting. Engage Alumni to recruit new students and serve as guest lecturers, create networking opportunities.
· Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts; train and develop faculty; engage faculty in program and curriculum strategies and development initiatives. Supervise, monitor, and evaluate performance of faculty and conducts faculty meetings for feedback, planning, and continuous improvement. Oversees the discipline of faculty when necessary, and ensuring faculty are knowledgeable of Wash U rules and regulations regarding academic integrity, grading, FERPA, classroom policies, book orders, etc.
· Update program curriculum, content, and/or delivery methods based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, data on instructional effectiveness, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs. Establish and propose changes/deletions/additions to a program curriculum committee. Ensure that Academic Student Services has a current syllabus for all courses offered in the program. Ensure each syllabus has the WU policies on Code of Academic Conduct, Sexual Assault, Bias Reporting and Mental Health.
· Represent the program and the school at University and external meetings as appropriate.
· Available for promotional events involving marketing the program to prospective students, including conferences, informational events, and other promotional discussions/reviews.
· Available to students to discuss questions and make recommendations on program and course content.
· Oversee development of new academic offerings such as programs/courses/vertical credentials.
A minimum of five years’ work experience in higher education, industry and/or government collaboration.
Requires an earned Doctorate in Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline. (Note: A Master’s degree plus 8 years’ experience in higher education, industry and/or government collaboration may be considered).
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
The School of Engineering & Applied Science (SEAS) is ranked among US News & World Report's top 50 Engineering Schools, and focuses intellectual efforts on medicine and health, energy and environment, entrepreneurship and security. The school's Professional Education Department (Henry Edwin Sever Institute) meets the training and professional development needs of industries and individuals through innovative degree and non-degree programs. From short training courses and industry collaboration events to certificate and professional degree programs, the school equips technical professionals with the relevant skills needed to lead in a complex environment.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan