Business Administrator ( CE ) - Surgery General Admin
Job ID: 25643
The Department of Surgery and the Acute Care Surgery Trauma Service Line at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center are seeking applications for a full-time position at the level of Business Administrator. The applicant must have a MBA, MHA or equivalent degree, as well as five plus years health care administrative experience with progressively responsible management experience required including at least three years in a management position, Director level experience preferred.
The Department of Surgery includes the sections of Colon & Rectal, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Bariatric & Weight Management Center, Surgical Oncology, Pediatric Surgery, Transplant Surgery and Acute Care Surgery across clinical, academic and research missions.
The Acute Care Surgery Trauma Service Line includes the ACS-verified Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers, and the ABA-verified Adult and Pediatric Burn Centers.
This position has responsibility for the administration of all clinic operations in the area assigned. The Business Administrator will report to the Vice President of Clinical Operations and Executive Director and will be responsible to support improvements in Quality/Safety, People, Operational Excellence, Financial Performance and Strategy/Growth. The position acts as liaison with all levels of administration, faculty, and outside organizations to coordinate the business with the aim of value-based care and population health for our community; may partner with a hospital director to co-lead the collective Service Line. Through a co-management structure, this position works closely with the Chair, Department of Surgery, to support the Academic mission if required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field of study
- Five plus years health care financial/ administrative experience with progressively responsible management experience required including at least three years in a management or high level supervisory position. Director level experience preferred.
- Experience in an academic medical center.
- Staff leadership
- Financial management
- Continuous Improvement
- Institutional Support
- Customer Service
- Outreach Services
Skills & Qualifications:
- Organizational Strategy
- Analysis & Judgment
- Demonstrates professional ethics
- Ability to build morale and team spirit
- Oral and written communication skills
- Information Systems Experience
- Organizational understanding
- Interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Accounting and fiscal management skills
- Technical Industry Knowledge
- Process Management & Process Improvement
- Faculty recruitment/development/retention
- Faculty compensation administration