ICON Functional Services (IFS) is an integral and value part of ICON plc, supporting our Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology customers globally with functional and strategic outsourcing solutions.
As a result of our continued growth and success we are currently looking to recruit a Vice President Global Business Development - a senior leadership role within our business.
The primary focus of the role will be in providing leadership of a global BD team to identify and secure opportunity for growth and in driving revenue expansion. The VP Business Development will be responsible in the delivery of new business for DOCS, Functional Solutions and ClinicalRM, working collaboratively across other Service Lines and ICONs Global Commercial Organisation.
You will leverage appropriate ICON brands (ICON; DOCS; ClinicalRM), as well as IFS' demonstrable track record, reliability and capability.
Experience / Background:
To be considered for this opportunity you should have
- Experience in leading a strategic business development function in a complex, B2B environment
- Be a proven self-starter with the ability to leverage resources and capacity of a diverse/remove team to achieve results
- Proven ability to positively influence an organisations sales growth and performance with a clear track record of growing, changing and evolving a business
- Expertise in developing a business development structure and strategy which can respond dynamically to the pressures and complexities of increased market competition, and to the increasing demands of customers for quality, service and price.
- Highly developed leadership skills with a strong record in mentoring, empowering and positively challenging a team to develop themselves to best-in-class standards and achieve defined business goals
- Comfortable operating as, influencing and contributing to senior level strategic and visionary thinking concerning issues such as ICON as a "Trusted Partner"