The Product Manager is responsible for developing product line vision and strategy that supports and enhances the company’s overall strategy and goals. The Product Manager directs the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Develops product strategy and roadmap to align to business strategy by assessing market competition and conducting voice of customer research
- Gain deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analysis (i.e. Margin Review, Units Sales, Outlook, etc.)
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, costing special and customized orders.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sales and evaluating sales call results
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return on investment analyses, establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing and production
- Continually monitor the financial performance of the assigned product lines to ensure there is constant feedback into the success of the product line strategy and execution. This includes setting and maintaining sales pricing to manage the cost structure of the product line.
- Educates sales team on the product line when there are new product releases, enhancements to current products, and continuing education
- Manage team through recruitment, assessing, training and mentoring to maintain and improve skills
- Supports trade show efforts; planning, order placement, materials, set up, tear down, lead generation.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business ore related field required; Bachelor’s in technical field preferred
- Minimum five (5) years Product Management experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a short period of time, multitask, and cope with deadline pressure.
- Strong analytical and business skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and team work skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Experience with data reporting systems is preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.