This position reports to the Sr. Director of Program Management and Customer Service and is responsible for Customer fulfillment from the receipt of a contract through final shipment of product to the Customer. Direct customer contact and relationships are utilized to ensure Customer contracts achieve Customer Satisfaction for assigned Customers, Products or Region. Requires regular customer interface and then ensuring Operations and Kirkhill departments are aligned for on-time delivery of quality product to the Customer.
- Overall customer ownership & primary focal for communication - Schedule, technical, cost/margin
- Work with customers to prioritize – Line of balance utilization with transparency & effective communication
- Establish attainable goals & supporting tactics to achieve business objectives
- Define, monitor, control & executes delivery plans - Timeline, constraints & roadblock elimination
- Performance tracking - Metrics (KPIs), scorecards, weekly reports (schedule, quality, risk & C/A)
- Provides expectations to management & customers - Reviews, elevation, commitments
- Elevate risks & take action - Rapid resolution of customer facing issues
- Demand assessment & ensure resources are available to meet demand - SIOP
- Improves linkage between operations & customers
- Ownership over constraints impacting delivery or quality.
- Facilitate customer site visits - Ensure the organization is prepared & customer expectations are met
- Disseminates program requirements to other Kirkhill departments.
- Monitors schedules, issues and communication to ensure satisfactory completion of contract requirements within schedule and budget constraints.
- Reviews, discusses and resolves program issues with various Kirkhill functional departments.
- Hosts meetings with various departments to review program milestones and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Identifies program/contract risks and manages appropriately. Escalates as appropriate for visibility to the Kirkhill management team.
- Teams with contracts, sales, finance and Kirkhill management to assist in bidding and award negotiations directly with the customer.
- Prepares and presents monthly program reviews on status of schedule, financial, risk mitigation, manpower and other aspects of assigned programs.
- Helps establish program goals and supporting tactics in company business plans. Develops reportable key performance indicators with Program Management staff.
- Confers with the VP/GM and other senior staff members to review Flight Plan targets and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understands and lives by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Ability and comfort with accurately speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead and sustain improvement activities.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), analytical and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications
- Familiar knowledge of basic lean manufacturing methodologies including: Kaizen, workplace organization, just in time principles, visual management and value stream mapping.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Sound technical skills as demonstrated by an understanding and practical application of technical knowledge in a leadership roles with ability to articulate technical issues at an understandable level to a variety of stakeholders including outside customers and across the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success.
- Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.