Vice President SOX Compliance
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) is located in Austin, Texas and what better balance can a city offer than being both the “Best Place for Business and Careers” and the “Live Music Capital of the World?” Austin pleases all in rankings ranging from “Best City for Relocating Families” to “Best Cities for Singles.” With no state income tax and a low cost of living why not make Austin and Farm Credit Bank of Texas your home!
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – FCBT may be a great fit for you, we invite you to join us as the Vice President of SOX Compliance. With more than $22.1 billion in assets we provide funding to our affiliated lending cooperatives, which in turn offer financing to farmers and ranchers, agribusinesses, rural homeowners and rural communities.
Our employees are of some of the best finance, accounting and credit professionals around, and our technology, administrative and creative staffs are top shelf. We are looking for someone to develop, manage, and maintain the Bank’s compliance program for internal controls under the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act using guidance established by the PCAOB. You’d also develop and implement SOX compliance testing and auditing procedures. The ideal candidate would identify compliance vulnerabilities and recommend corrective action to senior management. Oversees the development of SOX compliance related training. Ensures that adequate control documentation is maintained.
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Driving the development of and maintenance of a SOX program that addresses the COSO framework.
- Planning and managing the execution of the Bank’s SOX program in collaboration with executive management. Communicates and provides accurate reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Managing the completion of risk and materiality assessments, scoping documents and risk and controls matrices across the organization including information technology.
- Establishing governance practices over SOX and SOC 2 activities utilizing the Controls Committee and ensures appropriate representation on the committee exists.
- Developing and executing a program to evaluate Associations compliance with the GFA covenant around Association SOX programs.
- Coordinating with external auditors and Funding Corporation and serve as main point of contact and liaison on SOX requirements, including ITGC scoping and testing (including coordinating and assisting with or reviewing all deliverables).
- Working with business and technology control owners and leadership to appropriately and effectively scope, design and review business processes and controls, ITGCs, reliance of third party assurance providers, and key system reports and spreadsheets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field with ten (10) or more years of related work experience in public accounting, internal audit, control, risk, or compliance role and a minimum of 5years in a management role. Strong knowledge and practical application of Sarbanes Oxley experience is required as well as a solid understanding of the COSO framework. Experience with SOC reporting also preferred. CPA certification required.
Must possess thorough understanding of the regulatory environment and applicable banking regulations impacting the financial services industry. Advanced knowledge of SOX (ICOFR), and COSO framework. Advanced knowledge of all aspects of banking, including lending, deposits and regulatory compliance. ICFR and SOC1experiencerequired. Expert knowledge of internal controls. Working knowledge of GAAP. Skill in collaborating with colleagues and leadership (internal and external to Bank). Oral and written communication skills, appropriate to exchange information effectively with customers, peers and Bank leadership. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.