Middleware Engineering - Java Developer - Associate
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
TechnologyInfrastructure is at the leading edge of technology, enabling innovation internally as we influence financial industry standards and wider tech industry products. Our commercial approach sets the direction for our software defined infrastructure platforms and solutions driving business for Goldman Sachs. Middleware Engineering provides software based infrastructure solutions and subject matter expertise to application teams.
This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings and spans Big Data, Machine Learning, Database, Messaging, Java, App Entitlement Management, Market Data, External Financial Messaging and related engineering efforts. Middleware Engineering covers a range of products from messaging to application entitlement management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The successful candidate will become familiar with the platforms we own and will help to drive automation, optimization and adoption across the stack as well as contribute to key strategic projects.
- Strategic tool for log hosting, searching, and analytics
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge Big Datatechnologies
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of Core Java experience
- 3+ years experience with Web UI Development
- Test-driven mentality
- Understanding of SDLC and tools
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and core programming concepts such as concurrency and memory management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in global teams
- 3+ years experience with Python or similar Linux scriptinglanguage
- ElasticSearch experience - SPARK / Hadoop / HBase experience