This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex construction projects with a revenue range of over $100 million.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Manage a staff of up to 25 full-time employees including hiring, firing, and completing performance reviews.
3. Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
4. Coordinate with large project executive, construction manager and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
5. Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project executive, and construction manager to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) year’s progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
- · Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.
- · Experience as a Large Projects Superintendent preferred.
- · Experience in Design-build projects preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
- · Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy at all times.