This position is responsible to build a LEAN Six Sigma culture across the enterprise and to lead LEAN Six Sigma Green and Black Belt certification programs. The Director I will work closely with executive management to prioritize continuous improvement initiatives, identify LEAN Six Sigma Green and Black Belt candidates for certification. The role requires excellent communication skills to teach and coach LEAN Six Sigma Green and Black Belts. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are also required to deliver project output that will result in increased process efficiency, productivity, defect reduction and monetary savings or gains across the enterprise. The Director I will also be responsible to drive change resulting in simplified processes, eliminating non-value added work and creating repeatable and measurable processes throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates, implements and teaches Green, LEAN and Black Belt certification programs.
2. Provides coaching and training to Champions and Process Owners.
3. Build a culture dedicated to operational excellence and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
4. Serves as coach and mentor to process SMEs, Green, LEAN and Black Belts.
5. Identifies and assesses process improvement opportunities enterprise-wide.
6. Helps Champions and Process Owners prioritize improvement opportunities.
7. Leads and manages a team of process experts to improve processes throughout the organization utilizing LEAN and / or DMAIC Six Sigma tools.
8. Facilitates Kaizen and Lean Action Workout events to: map current and to-be processes, identify process pain points, root causes and solutions to improve process efficiencies.
9. Manages all project phases with focus on data and process analysis utilizing LEAN and DMAIC Six Sigma approach.
10. Presents project recommendations to Executive Management with detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to support benefits of implementing recommendations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to create and implement Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt training programs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coach, mentor and teach Six Sigma curriculum.
Excellent knowledge and proven use of Six Sigma DMAIC and LEAN process tools.
Ability to solve complex process problems and to implement innovative solutions.
Ability to utilize Lean and/or DMAIC Six Sigma tools to solve process related issues.
Project management skills with proven ability to effectively lead project teams.
Excellent organizational/planning skills.
Strong quantitative, statistical, strategic planning and critical thinking skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
Strong PC skills: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Visio.
Education and Experience:
Certified Master Black Belt.
Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
Experience teaching the concepts & tools of LEAN & DMAIC Six Sigma required.
Experience facilitating cross functional teams and leading/coaching process improvement teams.
Experience with leading Lean Action Work-out and Kaizen events to identify root causes of business and process issues; value stream analysis and 5 Why's analysis.
7+ years of combined experience in process improvement, business innovation / consulting and in leading large teams to deliver innovative solutions to improve business capabilities.
Prefer 3+ years of related auto finance / captive finance industry experience.
Prefer experience as a consultant.
Systems familiarity (CRM, SharePoint, etc.) a plus.
Proven track record with leading enterprise-wide initiatives.
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.