National Account Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new customers by formulating and following planned sales strategies.
- Manage travel and selling expenses, provide required formal communications and related monthly reports.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales.
- Cooperate with all personnel in the region, department, division, and other divisions in the execution of programs and policies in order to achieve overall company objectives.
- Communicate with other company personnel, customers as required, and division management relative to significant sales developments affecting the company.
- Preparation and interpretation of reports as to sales and markets, and the comparison of sales forecasts with actual sales and sales quotas.
- Develop and recommend for approval, policies and programs relating to: product, market channels, competitive pricing, sales objectives by product and market, new product development and improvement of present products, delivery and other competitive information.
- Enforce and support company policy in connection with questions arising in the field, and consult with management on matters beyond their authority and experience.
- Reflect both in personal demeanor and professional integrity the true image of the Company to customers and prospects.
- Be sensitive to the current individual needs of customers and prospects, and to help them attain their goals through the proper utilization of the company’s products and services.
- Understand and administer customer service, in accordance with company policy, in a mutually beneficial manner, to ensure lasting goodwill between the customers and the company.
- Assist current and prospective customers in applying company products to their own requirements and specifications.
- Seek new uses and applications for all company products with current and prospective customers.
- Respond to customer complaints in accordance with company policy, and advise management promptly of any situations beyond his or her scope of authority.
- Be alert to competitive products and marketing practices, and keep management informed concerning them.
- Actively participate in the development of sales forecasts and sales plans.
- Maintain up-to-date customer and territory records in accordance with company policy.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and five years or greater OEM sales or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Must have a valid Driver’s License. Must be able to travel overnight 50% minimum.
Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software.