The School of Dentistry at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a full-time Associate Dean for Research. This position is responsible for stimulating, promoting and leading the School in its mission by developing new foci of scientific investigation.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Focus on the development of translational research.
- Establish formative and summative outcomes to provide an annual end-of-year review of research activities.
- Oversee internal and external collaborations in research.
- Coordinate research across all Dentistry programs.
- Develop and expand major research programs.
- Contribute to the School's strategic plan.
- DDS/DMD degree from an accredited US or Canadian School of Dentistry or a demonstrated equivalent degree from a foreign institution that includes meeting all the requirements of a DDS/DMD, or a PhD or its equivalent in epidemiology, oral biology, dental health sciences, public health or a related field of study
- Five (5) years of clinical or public health practice experience from the application date inclusive of clinical and/or laboratory research
- Successful acquisition of extramural funding, as well as peer reviewed publication history, is essential
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills and a strong commitment to diversity and social justice