Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology.
TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Capital Markets RiskReporting IT supports cross-functional systems and initiatives that allow TD to meet regulatory demands and monitor tradingrisk, credit risk, liquidity and more. It is a fast-paced collaborative environment that will allow an analyst to grow their leadership and problem-solving skills.
TD Business Systems Analysis covers a mandate that includes (but isn’t limited to) proposing technical systems to accomplish business requirements department-wide. These experts build relationships with business partners and other groups of diverse subject matter experts and stakeholders (both internal and external) to:
- Plan + Elicit + Analyze + Document + Communicate +Manage system requirements;
- Assess client needs and recommend the right technology; and
- Offer operational and process-related analysis and support.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical and functional specifications. You will provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Work with technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects) to research and analyze current state system capabilities and define technology solutions options and recommendations.
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, taking into account non-functional requirements.
- Review, analyze and evaluate data feeds to develop data models, mapping specs and functional requirements to contribute to project deliverables
- Develop use cases, defining and documenting user procedures and workflows
- Develop wire-frames and prototypes
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Develop test cases and test plans, perform testing, coordinate UAT.
- Demonstrate leadership skills via coordination skills, problem solving and guiding more junior team members
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues.
- Collaborate with business leaders, IT professionals, and vendors ensuring that management is kept informed of project status and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately and clearly communicated.
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other requirements work products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Supports system implementation and production readiness by liaising with change management, IT architecture, and the business.
- Provide user documentation, user training, and post implementation support.
- Respect existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technologyarchitecture, escalating issues as needed.
- Gain knowledge in own area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services.
- Work with vendors to support business case development (consistent with technology requirements and guidelines) including benefits identification, RFI/RFP and service level agreements.
- Conduct pre and post implementation reviews, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 5-7 years relevant experience, with 5 years of experience in Captial Markets (i.e. risk management, trading systems, or liquidity)
- Knowledge of liquidity, credit/ tradingrisk metrics, derivatives valuations, or accounting
- Advanced to expert knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules
- Demonstrable data analysis skill, including a strong understanding of SQL and data mappings
- Robust experience with test execution, planning and UAT coordination.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving skills
- Self-starter who can independently drive a project/ issue forward
- Ability to work collaborative and provide leadership
- Ability to work independently as the senior or lead system analyst and coach or guide team.
- Excellent communications and stakeholder management skills
- Experience and comfort level acting as a subject matter expert and consultant.
- CFA, FRM or accounting designation
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.