GEM is partnered with a leading automotive parts manufacturer and is currently recruiting for a Die Casting Engineer in the Oak Ridge, TN area. This is a direct hire position with our client that offers competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and relocation assistance negotiable .
The function of the Process Control Technician is to assist the Manufacturing Manager, in all aspects of control, monitor, and measure of all foundry casting production and problems.
- Continuous training of production workers in process to insure understanding and the relationship to quality and cost.
- Participate in training and projects to create and maintain continuous improvements in products, processes, and quality to help maintain, and reduce waste and cost.
- Perform work and projects as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Establish procedures, guidelines, and instructions for foundry setup.
- Participate in setup reduction programs.
- Troubleshoot and problem solves jobs to reduce scrap and improve up time in all manufacturing departments.
- Provide technical support for engineering on process related items.
- Strive to utilize state-of-the-art technology for equipment processes to keep Empire competitive. ? Assist Industrial Engineers in work cell development.
- Productivity / methods improvements.
- Involvement in Kaizen events and six sigma projects.
- Participate in Quality programs as assigned.
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining die cast parameters for both zinc and aluminum foundries.
- To create and maintain Die Operating sheets documentation systems.
- Oversee, maintain, and improve automation in all manufacturing departments.
- Work closely with all departments and floor personnel.
- Assist safety director in implementation of safety programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager and/or the Vice President of Operations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, shot monitoring program and current manufacturing system.