Clinical Nurse Specialist Surgical Services United
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services.
Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- Provides authentic and creative leadership
- Serves as a role model
- Facilitates collaborative relationships
- Provides advanced clinical consultation and education to patients and health care team members
- Provides consultation regarding ethics in practice
- Models professional practice through use of the nursing process
- Advances nursing practice by providing knowledge and expertise to staff and other health care providers
- Fosters a climate of learning and professional development
- Provides education to clients
- Provides clinical expertise in specialty area to enhance programs for identified patient populations
- Utilizes, participates in, and disseminates research to enhance practice
- Continuously seeks to increase the quality and value of services provided to our customers
- Honors the dignity of every individual in every interaction
- Forges multiple enduring partnerships built on a shared vision of service and quality
- Creates an environment based on trust, which frees each person to perform at their maximum potential, and promotes individual and mutual accountability
- Integrates knowledge, skill and experience in order to continuously improve self, customer service, and quality
- Masters degree in nursing or advanced practice certificate
- 3-5 years clinical experience in surgical services (either as a bedside nurse or advanced practice)
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills:systems thinking, conceptual skills, and collaboration with others
- Expertise in teaching others
- Ability to collect, manage and interpret data, and interpret research findings in area of specialization
- Experience in program development and implementation
- Current Minnesota RN licensure
- Advanced practice certification in specialty if available
Requisition # 35327BR