We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our service and interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Senior Service and Interaction Designer leads interaction design and service design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, interaction design, and service design definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
• Create products that demonstrate outstanding service and interaction design for our clients and their customers.
• Drive the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
• Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Senior Service & Interaction Designer, you:
• Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
• Lead Service & Interaction Design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction and service design definitions.
• Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team.
• Manage all Service & Interaction Design activities at the project level.
• Own all Service & Interaction Design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
• Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
• Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
• Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
• Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
• 5-7 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
• Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
• Proficient in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
• Proficient with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.