Under moderate supervision of the Assistant General Manager/Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager is responsible for directing the full-time and part-timefinance department employees and overseeing the daily financial operation as described below. The accounting manager also, manages daily activities for the accounting function of INTRUST Bank Arena, The Orpheum Theatre, and SAVOR...Wingnuts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
- Supervises Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Food and Beverage and Box Office Accounting, and other accounting functions and personnel.
- Assists with the payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis, in the absence of the payrollaccountant.
- Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financialreporting, including:
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and otherfinancialreports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, prepaid assets, and deferred liabilities.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of forecasted future revenues and costs.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financialreporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Prepares required annual budgets with assistance from the Director of Finance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent analytical skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Must be able to multi-task between job functions
- Ability to function both independently and as a team member
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure, with close attention to detail
- Effective supervisory skills
- Extensive knowledge of SAGE accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- ADP payroll processing software experience is preferred
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. Eligible to work in United States.