This position provides leadership in the planning, development, execution and evaluation of system-wideclinical education programs and training. Provides oversight in the development and delivery of an effectiveorientation program for new members of the clinical team. This position utilizes research and evidence to create and implement strategies that strengthen the clinical professional workforce, clinical practices and applications and resulting clinical product to advance professionalism andpatient care.
- Provides leadership for all clinical education efforts within designated area(s) and participates in clinical, research and program development and implementation, as well as financial activities.
- Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and performance evaluations. Develops goals and objectives for designated area(s) that align with the department and system strategic initiatives.
- Participates in, leads and facilitates task forces and committees to plan, implement and coordinate clinical education programs, activities and/or clinical application deployments and upgrades for the organization.
- Ensures that practice/education offerings meet system, regional, facility and regulatory standards for design, content, teaching, evaluation and documentation. Maintains current knowledge of orientation, training and organizational development techniques and applies this knowledge to facilitate education program effectiveness.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization to ensure standardization of education and related materials for designated area(s). Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth by serving as a resource for policy and procedures, standards of care and external agency requirements.
- Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives, discipline-specific professional goals and clinical practice. Role models innovative clinical practice, patient safety and evidence-based practice in the design and delivery of workforce learning and development outcomes. Demonstrates the use of research and best practices knowledge for participation in evaluating the effectiveness of education/training programs.
- Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals.
- May include oversight, development, delivery and/or assessment of clinical curriculum, developmental programs and related services, which may include system process for CMEs for informatics education opportunities and coordination of simulation training programs.
Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a masters degree in nursing, healthcare administration or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice.
Must possess a strong knowledge within designated area(s) as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years related experience. Must possess demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles and change management. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Must possess excellent organization, communication and critical thinking skills, with the ability to problem-solve and prioritize needs rapidly.
Job Number 207914