Every day, our employees bring a passion to offer high quality medtech products and services that improve the lives of people around the world. That passion is the DNA of our company. We sum it up in the 11 words of our mission: “Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.” Our mission is at the heart of everything we do.
Taking great pride in developing and engaging our employees, Stryker was named to Fortune’s “Top 100 Companies to Work For” for and a Gallup Great Workplace in 2017. We are currently seeking a Custom Products Manager for our CMF division in Kalamazoo, MI.
The Custom Products Manager is responsible for leading the operational excellence journey for the growing custom products business. Through people, process and technology, deliver a repeatable, sustainable business model that improves our execution of personalized medicine; specifically, patient specific products. The Manager collaborates with manufacturing, design, marketing, sales and R&D toaccomplish strategic imperatives and goals.
Specific responsibilities of the Custom Products Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the daily case queue and works with custom product specialists and manufacturing onstandardized approaches to resolve issues
- Responsible for collaborating with marketing to build custom product competency within the sales force
- Responsible for creating an environment that values diversity, inclusion, and innovation (creativity)
- Empower team to make key decisions and communicate challenges in a timely manner
- Responsible for creating, managing and communicating business/segment budgets
- Partner with marketing and R&D on custom product development strategies to enhance portfolio offerings.
- Works with R&D, Business Development and Marketing on project mapping, resourcing and strategy.
- Responsible for establishing, managing and communicating custom product KPIs
- Recommend/tracking and communicating Bonus Objectives
- Talent Reviews with HR and manager
- Business Reviews with GM and manager
- Budget Review with Finance
- RA/QA collaboration
- Marketing collaboration
- Collaboration with manufacturing operations
- Must develop and cultivate strong working relationships (outside of direct/indirect report) with:
- Transatlantic Leaders
- Department managers
- Cross-functional product development team
- Cross-divisional counterparts
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, or similar area of study is preferred.
Ideal candidates will also possess the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years of performance over time in roles with exposure to sales, marketing, operations, R&D, finance, and RA/QA.
- 5+ years of successful management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills
- Experience in the medical device industry or with custom products is desired
- Proven experience in process development and process improvement
- Demonstrated leadership ability, management and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex product process initiatives from concept through release
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-divisional teams with direct and indirect authority
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to resolve non-routine issues using independent judgment
- Ability to routinely make decisions which may affect immediate operations and have a company effect
- Passion to develop talent and build inclusive teams