Senior Manager Debit Products : 00009SK2
Global Vision. Local Focus. Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture. Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. A Day in the Life of a Senior Manager Debit Products include the following: This position is responsible to manage the HSBC Canada Debit Card product portfolio including the development and implementation of product and Loyalty strategies, plans or programs for assigned business, channel, or portfolio, while assuming P&L responsibility. Identifies and develops relevant products and features that will drive incremental volume and profit for Company and partnerships. Identifies and assess potential strategic partnerships and develop tactical plans designed to leverage strategic partnerships. Principle Accountabilities: Impact on the Business
- Drive the P&L of credit cards by developing and implementing product, loyalty and feature plans, strategies, and programs. Lead long term strategic planning for product development in the business.
- Manage the development and implementation of marketing plans strategies and programs including forecasting portfolio performance and growth, retention and implementing actions to meet forecasts.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing market trends, including assessing the need to develop new products (E.g. network branded debit, Flash)
- Develop and maintain a detailed assessment of the competitive landscape including product offerings, pricing etc.
- Develop a debit card strategy including a five year vision for the product in the Canadian market
- Responsible for Implementing and managing the delivery of key initiatives
- Leading key change initiatives, working with Global to ensure the Global card framework is applied to the card change program
- Develop new distribution channels and products as needed.
- Direct needs-based analysis of partnerships/alliances to position analytical capabilities as part of new business development efforts. Work with partnerships/alliances to sell-in major CRM products and to develop new product platforms. Support ongoing relationships with multiple major partnerships.
- Foster an analytic, data driven team environment with tested and logical business strategies. Lead re-engineering of critical processes and drive speed and quality to market. Develop a proactive analytic function, leveraging the data warehouse. Oversee the development and ongoing management of local and off shore resources.
- Raise critical issues and promotes open communication while making sound recommendations to senior management; clearly articulate strategies to broader team.
- Work cross-functional teams to fully leverage and market Company’s marketing, information services, credit risk recommendations, and operations capabilities to new partnerships. Manages competitive analysis efforts to identify weakness and/or opportunities. Sponsor required product development initiatives.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage outside vendors to provide cost effective, high quality program execution, enhancement, and third party marketing programs. Completes contracts, negotiates pricing and manages relationships.
- Responsible for improving the customer journeys and addressing any pain points through addressing existing functionality and how it is delivered
- Manage relationships with key partners such as Interac, and other networks that support day to day management of the debit business
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop new analytical approaches to measure the impact of marketing initiatives and drive business profitability. Direct the development of new segmentation approaches utilizing consumer behaviors, business drivers and economics, competitive environment and past program results. Accountable for budgeting, staffing plans, and selection and development of personnel for all related activities within portfolio.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority) Position will interface with senior management of varying internal areas, as well as, external business partnerships. Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Key to success in the role
- Minimum 10 years progressive marketing experience in financial services or strategy consulting, of which five years has been in managerial capacity. Industry specific experience required. Advanced degree may substitute for some required experience.
- Requires MBA in business oriented science such as: Economics, Mathematics or Engineering or equivalent direct experience.
- Proven quantitative, organizational, strategic thinking, decision-making and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of products offered the financial services industry, as well as laws and regulations affecting their delivery.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe software packages.
HSBC Proud In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make