The Systems Engineering Group is seeking a Missile RF Seeker Design Engineer. SEG provides an intellectually stimulating environment with excellent opportunities for technical and leadership growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing requirements for and designs of missile terminal homing RF seekers
- Active and passive seeker design including antenna, transmit and receive subsystems
- Develop and use tools to model existing missile RF seekers and examine potential designs
- Develop and implement RF detection processing
- Develop and implement Automatic gain control algorithms
- Develop and implement Track loop processing algorithms
- Develop and implement Target identification/discrimination algorithms
- Develop and implement Electronic countermeasure protection
- Develop and implement Gimbal-server control loop algorithms
- Analyze, Design, and Implement Waveforms and associated signal processing design
- Analyze, Design, and Implement ECCM features e.g. HOJ, guard channel, LPI, etc. and associated decision logic
- Present technical work to group members, management, and customers
- Write technical memos and white papers that summarize research, threat capabilities, or other areas of interest or concern
- Provide a technical expertise at meetings with DoD officials, laboratories, and industry partners
- Participate in design reviews for Naval AAW and MDA BMD systems
B.S. Required, prefer MS or PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, or ElectricalEngineeringdegree
15+ years of relevant experience
- Strong background in seeker RF detection processing, automatic gain control, track loop processing, target identification/discrimination, electronic countermeasure protection, gimbal-server loop control
- Understanding of RF fuzing, guided-integrated fuzing
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well through written documentation and oral presentations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or higher-level clearance
- Design and analysis experience in RF antennas, front ends and transmitters.
- Knowledge of active, passive and semi-active homing.
- Experience with various radar waveforms and their associated processing.
- Experience in the design and development of signal processing, in both analog and digital domains.
- Experience in the design and development of guidance control loops and filtering.
- Knowledge of mixed signal (digital and analog) circuits and MMICs.
- Experience with radar and antenna testing.
- Familiarity with flight testing.
- Detailed knowledge of detection, detection errors and ambiguity resolution.
- Knowledge of interfaces between seeker and missile (RF datalinks, uplink/downlinks).
- Familiarity with handoff between missile and (ground/ship based) combat system.
- Familiarity with command guidance.
- Familiarity with terminal control of missiles and warheads (impact, detonation), fuzing and safety systems.
- Superb analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computational skills (C/C++, Fortran, MATLAB, or equivalent) required, with parallel processing experiencepreferred
- Must flourish in an open and collaborative environment
- Highly motivated and driven